Halfmile’s PCT Android App is a companion for the Halfmile’s Paciﬁc Crest Trail printed maps to aid navigation on the Pacific Crest Trail. The app uses your smartphone GPS to determine your exact location, if you are on the PCT or one of its side trails, and it calculates distances to 3,100 PCT landmarks. The app also calculates elevation gains and losses to landmarks. Halfmile’s PCT app is available for both iPhone and Android smartphones. The app does not contain maps of the Pacific Crest Trail — think of it as a very accurate, location aware, digital PCT Data Book.
The Halfmile Android App is available as a free download from Google Play.
Other features of the app include:
- Works without cell phone service
- Download and Go — no extra configuration or data needed
- Simulation mode for hike planning and hiker support
- Provides specific “how to walk there” instructions for all points
- Calculates cumulative elevation gains and losses to all points
- Powerful search function for features like water sources, campsites, and resupply locations
- Calculates which printed map pages contain your location
- Matches the data and calculations of the iPhone edition exactly